Facebook Lead Ads are a great way to generate interest in a business. To read more information about this, see more at Facebook.
Lead Assign can connect to a company’s Facebook page, where leads are generated. As a result, when a lead is generated on a Facebook Lead Ad page, it can be directed into the Lead Assign account to be distributed to agents as per the account’s routing rules. This feature is called “Facebook Connect,” and prompts agents to respond to potential customers in record time.
For example, when a real estate brokerage runs a Lead Ad campaign, the generated leads are distributed by Lead Assign to real estate agents ensuring a faster response time than other methods. This provides more value to the company’s ad, as timely response results in better likelihood of successful conversions.
How to set up Facebook Connect:
- Log into the company’s Facebook account to view Lead Ads as well as the company’s Facebook profile page.
- Log into the company’s Lead Assign account: https://app.leadassign.com
- Click on “Integrations” and and then click “Login with Facebook.”
- Authorize Lead Assign to direct generated leads. Note: This doesn’t let Lead Assign Connect post to Facebook without your permission.
- Select the Facebook page(s) in which Lead Assign will collect and distribute leads to agents. (See image below for reference.)
- Within the company’s Facebook account, set up the Lead Ad as directed.
Normally, the Facebook Lead Ad will have a short form that visitors fill out, which provides a limited amount of information regarding the generated lead. To avoid confusion about where the lead was generated, turn on the “Tracking Parameters” function to allow the company’s agents to understand where the lead was generated. For example, providing description on the ad itself will provide the agent some context about the lead.
Note: Name, email, and/or phone are essential items to include in the form. Although, don’t forget that longer forms with many questions lead to lower conversion rates!
Testing the Facebook Ad
The Preview form button should have text stating that data will be sent to Lead Assign. There should be the “Webhook Subscription for the Selected Page” area at the bottom.
A test lead can be sent into the system by clicking “Create lead.” In the Lead Assign platform, a new lead should have appeared at the top of the list in the Leads tab. The row may have text such as “<test lead: dummy data for full_name>” as the name of the customer. If this is successful, a real lead should be able to move through the company’s Lead Assign account with the customer’s name filled in properly.
If there are issues with Facebook Connect, it is recommended to try disconnecting then reconnecting the function. If the 103 CRM access revoked error occurs, follow the steps below:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools and click the checkbox next to the Lead Assign App.
- Click “Remove.”
- Go to the company’s Lead Assign account, navigate to the “Integrations” tab, and click on “Login with Facebook.”
- Login and connect the applicable pages.
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing and put through a test lead. If it runs through without an issue, then the problem is solved.
- If errors still occur, contact Lead Assign support.